Advanced Practice Provider - Cardiovascular Critical Care Service - PRN
Req #: 43947
Job Category:Physicians & Physician Assistants
Shift: Hours vary
Department: Cardiovascular Institute - 7450
Job Description:Baltimore Sinai Hospital is seeking a physician assistant or nurse practitioner for the Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit. The Cardiovascular critical care team is a continuous, on-site service with no resident program. Our APPs are involved in all aspects of patient management with a significant degree of autonomy in the CVICU program including:
- Management of approximately 400-500 cardiac cases per year including CABGs, Valves (surgical and TAVR), and thoracic vascular surgery (surgical and TEVAR).
- Management of cardiogenic shock with and without mechanical support.
- Performs high-quality clinical practices and effective patient management, under the supervision of the cardiac intensivist, in accordance with state regulations.
- Demonstrates technical expertise by assisting physicians with diagnostic and therapeutic
- Demonstrate teamwork by communicating effectively and working cooperatively with all members of the health care team.
- Develop and implement care plans the includes initiating and prescribing medications.
- Active BLS/ACLS certifications.
- Active NCCPA certification (for PA); Active AANC or AANP certification (for NP)
- Maryland CDS license and DEA license
- Minimum two years of experience in perioperative management of cardiac surgery patients
- Minimum two years in experience with intensive care unit patients
- Procedures: arterial lines, central lines, and chest tubes
- Procedures: floating pulmonary artery catheters, wire-guided chest tube insertion (pigtail catheter)
- Bedside ultrasound and echocardiogram
- Management of Intra-aortic balloon pumps, Impellas, and ECMO