Looking for a dynamic and energetic individual who loves working with data to deliver results for customers. Manager will be responsible for the design and development of hardware/software systems and tools for structuring/organizing, storing, retrieving, analyzing, securing and reporting data. Responsible for building and maintaining data systems including but not limited to Decision Support, Business Intelligence, Customer Relationship Management, Data Warehousing, Meta-data Repositories, Operational Data Stores, and Enterprise Storage Management are areas where this manager will be spending time.
Manager role summary:
Manages a data team with enterprise focus on data management, governance, process and tool implementation. Operational focus to prioritize team's work and managing data demands efficiently. Responsible for leading the design and support of enterprise wide business intelligence applications and architecture. Works with enterprise wide business and IT senior management to understand and prioritize data and information requirements. Solves complex technical problems and provides recommendations on technologies or tools to support business needs. Optimizes the performance of enterprise business intelligence tools by defining data to filter and index that add value to the user and the organization. Creates testing and analytics validation methodology and criteria. Designs and coordinates a curriculum for coaching and training customers in the use of business intelligence tools (reports and visualization) to enhance business decision-making capability and business knowledge. Develops standards, policies and procedures for the form, structure and attributes of the business intelligence tools and systems. Develops data/information quality metrics to support integrity and accuracy. Researches new technology and develops business cases to support enterprise wide business intelligence solutions and keep the organization current.
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university required; MHA, MBA, MPH preferred
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; able to communicate with individuals at all levels within the organization.
• Minimum 5 years' experience in a leadership role overseeing data management, analytics or business Intelligence.
• Enterprise/organizational level experience managing data teams and data governance
• Demonstrated success managing technologies which support BI & data analytics
• MS Excel and Access, Visual Basic for Applications, MS Office Products
• Knowledge and experience managing healthcare data preferred (value based care)
• Tableau, Cerner experience/ previous architect experience a plus
• Demonstrated experience moving teams towards an advanced BI model
• Experience leading and facilitating data stewardship/governance work
• Ability to lead and work in a complex/matrixed environment
• Demonstrated experience and solid metadata management work